No late SXM-SBH Flights in November 2014

GayleR

Senior Insider
It's interesting to note there are no scheduled November flights from SXM-SBH after 4:30. Our Nov 4 flight arrives SXM at 4:05 (assuming it's on time).

I emailed SBC and Winair to ask if they'll be adding flights and SBC said they would not be. Winair said they didn't know yet. I guess I'll just keep checking back as we always book the 5:30 flight.

Perhaps others who may require later flights could email too and if they have enough enquiries, they'll add later flights. Otherwise it's an expensive charter I'm afraid.

SBC - info@stbarthcommuter.com
Winair - reservations@fly-winair.com (not the swiftest...it took 3 emails back and forth for them to understand what I was asking)

We're in the same situation, on the same westjet flight (on Nov 18th) arriving at 4:05. No way to make a flight with the current schedule. We're planning on booking the Voyager ferry leaving at 6:45pm.

Yeah, I don't do the ferry (ever again). Usually Winair adds a 5:00 and a 5:30 flight. I'm optimistic.

There's a Winair exec who watches our site. Hopefully, he'll respond to your posts.

Hello Gayle,

I confirm, our aircrafts are affected after 4.30PM on the St Martin Grand-Case route and charter flights.
You could also ask WestJet to change their schedules for an earlier arrival at SXM :)

I hope you will find a good solution.

Michael

Michael, that's a great idea! But you'd have more influence than me - one airline to another. Maybe they'll change their flight times if YOU ask very nicely!

I agree Gayle that I wish WestJet would leave just a little bit earlier! This year we're planning to fly on a Saturday in November but because that's not a YYZ to SXM Westjet flight day we've been looking at other options. Imagine my excitement when I discovered that Westjet has a direct flight from YYZ to SJU and we could avoid going through MIA! And then imagine my disappointment when I discovered that such flight arrives on SJU at 3:09 pm and last Tradewind flight is at 4:00 pm.

Kevin gave me some great info as to how to make it POSSIBLE to make the flight but I try to be a realist and seems far too risky to make happen. We certainly don't need the added expense of spending a night on SJU - not to mention missing a night on SBH.

So I guess I will resign myself to the reality that we need to connect through MIA or JFK.

Yeah and now are options are even fewer with the sad demise of the USAir YYZ-CLT-SXM route. We also used to overnight in NYC, enjoy a nice dinner, then catch MikeR's Continental flight from EWR-SXM. I'm still hopeful Winair will add their usual later flights.

I guess we'll be OK.I haven't thought about booking it yet,but we're planning to go back Oct 28, so it will still be daylight savings time,so we won't lose an hour,so a 4:30 connection works
surprisingly,our late May Westjet from YYZ leaves at 9:30 am

Gayle. I have been checking the United/Continental flights from EWR for November and they only seem to fly on the weekends. I am hoping that they add some flights as we have a weekday return. Otherwise your option could be JetBlue from JFK . they fly everyday in November and just recently posted their schedule. the problem with JetBlue is that they do not have an affiliation with WinAir so you can't send your baggage thru to SBH. But in my opinion it is a much more reliable airline.

Thanks Maureen. While the connecting time and costs of about $450 CDN on Jet Blue are great, we'd still have to get to JFK from Toronto which, given the departure time to SXM would have to be the night before with an overnight hotel stay and I'd have to add another $300 for the YYZ-EWR or LGA round trip, making the total cost including the commuter flight about $1,500 per person, which won't fly, pun intended, with the rest of the girls in the group. I'm still optimistic Winair will add later flights.

You might be able to get to JFK from Buffalo in time. That's what we were originally looking at doing for our trip. You'd have to get up pretty early though.