How Much Is That Cheeseburger Pommes Frites?

KevinS

Senior Insider
A recent post mentioned the very high price of a cheeseburger and fries at a hotel restaurant. A little while back I was in a conversation that included negative comments (some made by me) on the new price of a cheeseburger and fries at Le Select. (The price of a cheeseburger at Le Select has since been lowered.) The two got me wondering just how much does a Cheeseburger Pommes Frites cost at various island locations. With many restaurant menus available online, this is what I can tell you:

Au Regal and Le Select have the lowest priced cheeseburger pommes frites, at €8.50, with Chez Yvon right behind at €9.50 and Jojo Burger and Le Bouchon at an even €10.
Indigo has the highest priced, with their cheeseburger and truffle fries coming in at €42. (But "only" €36 with Regular fries).
The average price of a cheeseburger pommes frites is €18.58.
The median price of a cheeseburger pommes frites is €15.00.
The lowest priced burgers are in venues that are much more frequented by locals than tourists.
The highest priced burgeres are in 4/5-star hotels, where you're much more likely to be eating with tourists than locals.
There is no McDo on the island. Yet.

Cheeseburger Pommes Frites Price in €
Au Regal
Le Select
Chez Yvon
Jojo Burger
Le Bouchon
Spice of St Barth
Le Diamant12
Le Palace
Le Creperie
Le Piment
La Cantina13
Kiki e Mo14
l'Entracte15
Gustav Burgers15
Santa Fe
Wall House
Hideaway
M&P
Cote Port
Le Sereno
Le Gaiac
Sand Bar
Taïwana
Indigo
RegularFries
Indigo
Truffle Fries
MEDIAN
AVERAGE

There are a number of restaurants missing - if I couldn't find a price for cheeseburger pommes frites (for example, Le Carre's 3 sliders come with chips, and it's unclear if L'Esprit's cheeseburger comes with frites) then I left it out.

Me? Most of my burgers are consumed at Le Select. However, I can tell you that Santa Fe's burgers are excellent, especially when washed down with a Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru.

Last updated 9/23/2014

Le Carre's sliders are a trio and they come on mini brioche, and they come with arugala salad, and they come with mashed potatoes with truffle oil in the center. Just clarifying a bit.

Le Carre's sliders are a trio and they come on mini brioche, and they come with arugala salad, and they come with mashed potatoes with truffle oil in the center. Just clarifying a bit.

there seem to be two versions, no sides as an appetizer and with the salad and mashed pommes de terre as a main course... 14 euros either way... but delicious !

Kevin, I started to do this today, but decided it was too much like work :) You must have a slow day at the shop :cool:

best lunch I had for taste, value, and portion size was a lobster salad on a baguette, with frites, and a Carib at Chez Yvon...

11.50 euro

:up:

I only eat burgers at Select and even that is usually once a trip..I can get burgers anywhere in the world

OKay- people may be complaining about a price increase for a cheeseburger at Le Select. A Ti Punch there is 3.50 Euros when the rest of the island starts at 10 and goes up from there. Shhhh!

dont care..but I got a friend in Haiti who has UCONN in his bracket to win it for big coin and he currently has no TV reception and sketchy internet so I am instant messaging him play by play...LOL

Mike,where is Chez Yvon?

As Mike said, Anse des Cayes. From the airport, go up to the rotary (La Tourment), and go to the right. At the next intersection (L'Oeuf, The Egg), bear to the right and head down the steep hill towards Anse des Cayes and Anse Lezards. At the bottom of the hill turn sharp right towards Le Manapany Hotel. Chez Yvon will be a short distance up, on the right. The people at the next table could be the landscapers at your villa or a couple of Gendarmes, but they're unlikely to be visitors. The food is mostly French/Creole, the price is right, and you are most certainly not at Nikki Beach or Sand Bar. Oh, the Cheeseburger is only €5.50, but the €4 Frites kick the combined price up to €9.50. You can find a recent copy of the menu online at http://restaurants.alacarte-stbarth.com/menu/1369172366.242CHEZYVON_MENU_151212.pdf

Thanks we stay in Lurin, not very familiar with Anse des Cayes, appreciate the info. Agree with Mike about burgers. We don't go to St Bart's for the beef.

yeah he s freakin out over on my Facebook page....LOL

good for him....he went to Haiti to help out after the earthquake..fell in love with the country and goes back every winter now to hang out....