THE SBHONLINE AG2R CONTEST HAS BEGUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim

BULLETIN - GEDIMAT AND CERCLE VERT HAVE WITHDRAWN WITH BROKEN MASTS!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:
15 vessels and their crew will compete in this year's event, leaving Sunday for their 4,000 mile adventure to St. Barth.

Your moderators have organized a contest to pick the winner of this year's race. Andy and Hafida have generously offered a dinner for two at the Hideaway to the winner.
:up: Contest rules will be posted in the next few days.

In 2007 we sailed in from Antigua the evening the last competitor arrived. We heard music from a few miles out, and when we went ashore there was dancing on the quay... Wonderful night.

I love how the last is celebrated as much (perhaps more) than the first. The mark of a great competition.

The Prologue of the Transat AG2R, the two-person Atlantic Crossing, at Concarneau was sailed in a moderate breeze and sun. Winners were Jean Le Cam/Gildas Mahé FRA, ahead of another experienced team, Michel Desjoyeaux/Corentin Horeau FRA. Third were Nicolas Lunven/Éric Peron FRA. Does this make Interface Concept the [FONT=arial, verdana]favorite? We'll find out in the next 3 - 4 weeks.[/FONT]

30f8f_prologue_14transat_14ag2r.jpg

P.S. I doubt seriously that the finish in St. Barth will be as close as the two vessels above in the prologue held a few days ago.

Boy- anybody that sails in this one has to be in the top ranks of sailing. What is the history- have any boats sunk, been lost or have there been injuries? In the video of the 6-7 meter waves and 60 knot winds, they did not seem to be at all concerned.

If the winds for the next few weeks are as strong as in the videos, this is going to be a quick crossing. I'd better get to work on the official entry post.

Upwind into a good breeze and some seas for the first day ... conditions expected to become more favorable to moving quickly down past Cape Finisterre after mid day Monday ... and may stay that way for a bit ...

start.jpg

from passageweather.com

When do they typically arrive? We are wondering if we will be on the island for it? Is this the same race that is the two person race that arrives in mid May?

When do they typically arrive? We are wondering if we will be on the island for it? Is this the same race that is the two person race that arrives in mid May?

... this is that 2 person race with a little earlier starting date this year ... expect arrival in 3 weeks +/- a couple of days ... predicting the exact time has been known to have its rewards ...

... this is that 2 person race with a little earlier starting date this year ... expect arrival in 3 weeks +/- a couple of days ... predicting the exact time has been known to have its rewards ...

I've heard about those rewards! This year I hope to be on-island for the finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.